Carpooling is EASY
when you follow the
- Call the people on the match list (enclosed). Leave
yourself enough time (2-3 weeks) to find someone
with whom you would like to share a ride.
- Most people like to arrange a personal meeting
first; it helps you to decide if your potential carpool
partner is compatible. If smoking or age are
important considerations, let your concerns
- Start out on a trial basis. Agree to try the ridesharing
arrangement for one month. If things don't work
out, try another person from your match list which
we provided, or call us to send you an updated
match list (no charge).
- Decide where and when to meet your rideshare
partner. It may be convenient to be picked up
at your front door, or possibly meet at a central
location such as a park and ride.
- Agree on rules for waiting times, side trips and
expenses. Non-drivers should contribute toward
expenses. If the driving is shared, the exchange of
money may not be necessary.
- Keep your rideshare partner's phone number handy
so you can notify him/her in the event you get sick,
your schedule changes, etc. Establish notification
procedures in the event of illness, car trouble, bad
- Keep copies of current train and bus schedules in
case your rideshare partner gets sick or his/her
To view our brochure, click here.